TransUnion provide a number of helpful financial support services. While one-time credit reports are often the main draw to their website, they provide many ongoing membership-style services such as credit report updates at regular intervals, ongoing credit monitoring, and comprehensive identity protection services that will flag suspicious items as they come into your credit report.
This analysis is invaluable for many. However, you may find yourself with your credit repaired to the point that you’re able to lay off on such close monitoring. Or, you simply want to save on the subscription fees in the short term. Whatever your reasoning, if you’re reading this page, you’re likely ready to cancel your subscription to TransUnion.
The Simple Way: Canceling Online
- Visit https://membership.tui.transunion.com/tucm/login.page and login with the email and password you originally signed up with.
- On the top-right corner of the page, hover over “Manage Your Subscription”.
- Click “Cancel”
- At this point, TransUnion provides a page that recommends staying on. Pay close attention to the wording and make sure you continue to the next step in the cancellation.
- You’ll receive an email confirming that your account has been terminated.
If You Want a Refund: Canceling By Phone
The online method detailed above will definitively end your account. However, if you didn’t mean to sign up, and you haven’t used the ongoing services provided, you may be entitled to a refund. In this case, your best option is to call TransUnion customer service and give your reasoning directly to a live representative.
- Gather the information you used to sign up for your TransUnion account, including your full legal name, social security number, date of birth, and your primary email address.
- Call TransUnion customer service at 1-800-493-2392.
- Press 4 for “cancellations”.
- Listen to the steps listed. Press 1 to confirm.
- Press 2 to speak directly to an agent.
- Request cancellation. Decline all offers to continue your subscription.
- Request your refund.
- Ask to have your account confirmation and refund confirmed via email for your records.
Special instructions for Canadian TransUnion subscribers:
- Gather the information from step 1 above.
- Call the Canadian support line at 1-800-508-2597.
- Follow the rest of the steps above.