If you have been using PayPal for online transaction payments and have decided to cancel your account, first transfer all funds to your bank before doing so. Be sure that there are no unresolved issues or pending transactions. These will need to settled first. There is no need to cancel your account because of an unrecognized transaction — it will need to be settled by visiting the Resolution Center and clicking on”Report a Problem” Once all pending items have been settled, follow these steps to close your account
- Log into your PayPal Account
- Next to “Log Out”, click on “Settings”
- Click on “Close your account”
- If requested, enter your bank account number.
- Click on “Close account”.
If you simply wish to cancel a pending payment on PayPal:
- Log into your account with your username and password.
- Click on “Activity”
- Under Order Status/Actions, click on “Cancel” and next to the Unclaimed Payments, click on “Cancel”.
To cancel recurring payments or automatic billing on PayPal:
- Log into your PayPal Account and click on the “Payments” tab which you will see when you click on the gear icon located on the top right of the page.
- Under “Manage Upcoming Payments”, click on “Preapproved Payments”.
- From the list of your recurring payments, click on the merchant you wish to cancel and click on “Cancel”.
- Follow the steps provided to confirm the cancellation.
If you have questions or doubts as to whether your cancellation has been confirmed, call PayPal customer service by phone or contact them by email using the PayPal website.
Pro Tip: √ If you’ve closed your PayPal account, you will be able to reopen it in the future with the same email address if you wish.
(Outside the US) Telephone: 1-402-935-2050
Contact Hours: Monday-Friday 5 am to 8 pm PT; Saturday-Sunday 6 am to 6 pm PT