If you’re having trouble cancelling on your own, you can also try this online cancellation service:
The Basics: How to Cancel Your Membership at Xtreme Fitness
Xtreme Fitness is a 24-hour health club with two locations in Kentucky (Campbellsville and Columbia). Your membership gives you 24-hour access to both gyms. In addition to their cardio and weight equipment, they offer a variety of group exercise classes including Zumba and “Silver Sneakers” balance and strength training. Membership options are varied and include both contract and non-contract options. The contract option is $14.99 per month but requires a 6-month maintenance fee of $14.99 plus an enrollment fee of $39. The non-contract options range from $45 for a 1-month membership to $279 for the entire year. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few steps:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. This will save time and frustration down the road.
- Determine what type of contract you have.Is it a monthly contract or a limited term prepaid contract? Usually, a limited term prepaid contract can easily be canceled, yet there will not be a refund. A monthly contract can be terminated with a written notice that is specific to your membership (reference your membership # in all correspondence).
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Visit your local gym with a copy of the letter to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with the manager or assistant manager.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ Always read the fine print of your contract and be sure to keep it in a safe place with your other important papers. Send your intention to cancel letter by certified mail.
Phone 1: 270-789-3700
Address: 104 West Main St.
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with XtremeFitness.
XTREME FITNESS DUES