The Basics: How to Cancel Your Membership at Anytime Fitness
Anytime Fitness is a 24/7 gym with over 3000 locations around the world. Monthly memberships will generally require an initiation fee of $49.99 and a monthly fee of $38.99. A key fob will cost $35. Annual memberships are generally around $407.99 ($33.99 monthly) and require the same $49.99 initiation fee. Every member gets a free, personalized Starter Plan when they join. Cancellation policies may vary among location because each club is individually owned and operated. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few steps:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. Because this is a worldwide franchised gym, cancellation policies will vary across the world. Take particular note of the cancellation policy.
- Keep a copy of your membership agreement in a safe place with your important papers.
- Determine what type of contract you have.Is it a monthly contract or a limited term prepaid contract? Usually, a limited term prepaid contract can easily be canceled, yet there will not be a refund. A monthly contract can be terminated with a written notice that is specific to your membership (reference your membership # in all correspondence).
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Visit your local gym with a copy of the letter to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with the manager or assistant manager.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ Be sure to send a copy of your intention to cancel your membership by certified mail with the necessary information required. If possible, meet with the manager of your local gym and bring along a copy of your cancellation request.
Contact your local gym directly.
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Anytime Fitness.
ANYTIME FITNESS DUES