If you’re having trouble cancelling on your own, you can also try this online cancellation service:
The Basics: How to Cancel Your Membership at Life Time Fitness
Life Time Fitness is an upscale health and fitness center chain located in the United States and Canada. Many of the gyms are open 24/7 and provide indoor/outdoor pools, salons, child care and personal trainers. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few steps:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership.This will save time and frustration down the road.
- Because Life Time does not use long-term membership contracts, you may terminate your membership for any reason upon advance written notice.
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Visit your local gym with a copy of the letter to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with the manager or assistant manager.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ A written notice is required to cancel your membership at Lifetime Fitness. Be sure to send a copy of your cancellation request by certified mail with the necessary information required. If possible, meet with the manager in person with a copy of your letter.
Phone 1: 1-888-430-6432 ext. 264
Phone 2: 1-855-430-5433
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Lifetime Fitness.