If you’re having trouble cancelling on your own, you can also try this online cancellation service:
The Basics: How to Cancel Your Membership at Fitness First
Fitness First is one of the largest gym franchises in the world with a big presence in the UK, Australia, and Asia. There are more than a million members across 19 countries and membership terms and conditions vary between each location. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few steps:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. This will save time and frustration down the road.
- Determine what type of contract you have. Is it a monthly contract or a limited term prepaid contract? Usually, a limited term prepaid contract can easily be canceled, yet there will not be a refund. A monthly contract can be terminated with a written notice that is specific to your membership (reference your membership # in all correspondence).
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Visit your local gym with a copy of the letter to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with the manager or assistant manager.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ Read your cancellation policy before signing your membership contract. If possible, meet with the manager of any of their locations with a copy of your letter requesting cancellation.
Address: Fitness First Health Clubs
Alternate Address: 7430 New Technology Way Suite B
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Fitness First.
FITNESS FIRST DUES