If you’re having trouble cancelling on your own, you can also try this online cancellation service:
The Basics: How to Cancel Your First American Homebuyers Protection Corporation Account
For over 30 years, First American Homebuyers Protection policies have provided protection for homeowners across the nation with more than 7.5 million home warranties sold. The policies are renewable service contracts offering protection for a home’s major systems and appliances. They offer to either repair or replace your home’s electrical wiring, kitchen appliances, garage door openers, fans, and central vacuum systems if damaged or broken. Some buyers have found they rarely use the policy and would prefer to cancel. In that case, here are a few steps to take to cancel your policy.
- Either call 1-800-992-3400 and speak with a customer service representative or email email@example.com.
- Have the name the contract is under and policy number handy.
- Provide a short reason for cancellation.
- Ask for a confirmation by email that your policy has been canceled.
- Follow up with a phone call or by email within the next 2 days to make sure that your membership cancellation has been processed and that your request hasn’t fallen through the cracks.
Pro Tip: √ Be sure to check your credit card or bank statement after the next billing cycle to ensure that the termination has been processed. Note that cancellations on the First Home Warranty website are not allowed. You must contact them directly by phone or email.
Phone 1: 1-800-327-9292
Phone 2: 1-800-992-3400
Address: PO Box 10180
City: Van Nuys
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with First American Homebuyers
FIRST AMERICAN HOMEBUYERS