If you’re having trouble cancelling on your own, you can also try this online cancellation service:
The Basics: How to Cancel Your Membership at Equinox Fitness
Club Fitness was founded 25 years ago in the St. Louis area. It focuses on providing high-tech cardiovascular equipment with personal TV’s on each machine. All memberships for more than 1 month also include access to their cutting edge fitness management software. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few steps:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. This will save time and frustration down the road.
- Read the cancellation policy on their website here: http://www.clubfitness.us/cancel-membership-30-day-notice Club Fitness requires a 30-day written notice.
- Determine what type of contract you have.Is it a monthly contract or a limited term prepaid contract? Usually, a limited term prepaid contract can easily be canceled, yet there will not be a refund. A monthly contract can be terminated with a written notice that is specific to your membership (reference your membership # in all correspondence).
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Visit your local gym with a copy of the letter to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with the manager or assistant manager.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ A 30-day written notice is required to cancel your membership at Club Fitness. Be sure to send a copy by certified mail with the necessary information required. If possible, meet with the manager of any of their locations with a copy of your letter.
Alternate Phone: Member Services 212-774-6363
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Member Services-Corp.
Alternate Address: 1 Park Ave
City: New York
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Equinox Fitness.
EQUINOX FITNESS DUES