Droolplay is a subscription service that covers multiple media all under a single monthly fee. On any device with an active internet connection, you’ll gain access to Droolplay’s library of music, books, movies, TV shows, and video games. A particularly innovative aspect of their service is their hands-on support team. Subscribers can contact support, ask about a particular book, song, or anything else that isn’t currently accessible through Droolplay, and in many cases end up with that piece of media waiting for them in their account. All Droolplay media content is fully licensed, legally distributed, so subscribers don’t have to worry about copyright strikes to their internet access. It’s a great service, but if financial obligations mean you need to take a break from it, you’ll find basic instructions on canceling Droolplay below:
- Have your full name, the address you signed up with, your date of birth, and the email address associated with the account ready. Alternatively, you can identify your account with the first four and last four digits of the credit card associated with the account.
- Call 1-888-983-0264, choosing option 1 followed by option 4.
- Directly request full account cancellation.
- After your call with customer support ends, take a moment to double check that your cancellation completed by by logging in to your Droolplay account.
You can also cancel by email, although phone cancellations generally go through in real-time:
- Direct your cancellation request in clear language to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide the information from the steps above (name, address, birth date, or alternatively the first and last four digits of the credit card you signed up with).
- Follow up with a further email request or phone contact if no reply is received within 24 hours.
Pro Tip: √ If you’re still within the 30 day trial period and plan to cancel your Droolplay account, cancel it immediately. You’ll still get the rest of your trial period access, while getting some extra time to decide if you’d like to keep the service without the fear of being charged.