The Basics: Cancel Your Gym Membership at Cardinal Fitness
Cardinal Fitness is a budget chain of gyms with monthly memberships available for a low as $10 per month for your home location or $19.95 per month for use of the gym at any of its locations in the Chicago area. It is one of the most affordable clubs you can find, but should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few steps:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. This will save time and frustration down the road. If you don’t have a copy of your contract, register on the company’s website and you should be able to find a copy of it in Member Services. http://www.cardinalfitness.com/rules-and-regulations/
- Read the cancellation policy on their website here: Cardinal Fitness has two separate cancellation policies: one for cancellations that occur three to five days after your membership starts, and one after that period.
- Determine what type of contract you have. Is it a monthly contract or a limited term prepaid contract? Usually, a limited term prepaid contract can easily be canceled, yet there will not be a refund. A monthly contract can be terminated with a written notice that is specific to your membership (reference your membership # in all correspondence).
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Call Cardinal Fitness, or better yet, visit your local gym with a copy of the email to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with one of the staff members.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ In addition to writing and sending a cancellation request by certified mail, follow up in person to the gym where you signed your contract with a copy of the letter.
Phone: 888-827-9262 ABC
Additional Phone: –
Alternate Address: –
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Cardinal Fitness.
24 HR FITNESS DUES