If you’re having trouble cancelling on your own, you can also try this online cancellation service:
California Family Fitness is a fitness franchise. The company was founded in 1994 by Larry Gury. The current President is Randy Karr. Hence the name, California Family Fitness facilities are only located in California. There are locations in Arden, Carmichael, Citrus Heights, Downtown Sacramento, Elk Grove, Folsom, Greenhaven, Madison, McClellan, Midtown Sacramento, Natomas, Orangevale, Pocket, Rocklin, Roseville, and Sunrise. At California Family Fitness, fit meets fun!
California Family Fitness offers health and fitness services, including a wide variety of classes. The type of classes offered is Yoga, Dance, Swimming, and Indoor Cycling, to name a few. They offer Personal Training as well, which will help the customers meet their fitness goals and needs. Each gym offers childcare services that have a staff that is trained in CPR and AED. The employees of the childcare services are also required to pass a background check and complete a California Family Fitness Corporate Child Care Training program. Childcare services are available for children between the ages of three months to 11 years old. Pre-teens (12 and older) can utilize the workout floor.
There are a variety of membership options available for you to choose from. Thre is a 7-day free trial that is offered to new members so that they can try out the facility before signing up for regular membership. The regular membership pricing is $39 per month, with no contract or commitment. The Membership Plus Training plan is $99.
If you are a member of California Family Fitness and have found that you need to cancel your membership, we can help you do so. We have included a simple how-to guide that will instruct you on how to contact the company and what information you will need to have handy when doing so. Continue reading this page for more information.
|Date of Birth|
|Amount of Last Charge|
|Reason for Cancellation|
|Last 4 Digits of Card|
|Date of Last Charge|
- Compose a letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Sending with Certified Mail, address your letter to the address provided to you by the gym
- Contact customer service at the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Be sure to get a confirmation number or email for the cancellation
- Be sure to keep the email and/or confirmation info about the cancellation
- Contact customer service at the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Ask for and write down the steps you need to take to cancel
- Give the rep your account info
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!