Plenty of Fish (pof.com) is an online dating service that was launched in 2003 and has grown, now offering access to the service via mobile apps and tablet apps. Originally monitored by volunteers, the company grew and – in 2015 – was purchased by Match Group for $575 million. Frind told Business Insider the success of PoF was a surprising accident and he had only initially built the site to expand upon his resume. However, within a couple of days of building the site, members began signing up in the hopes of meeting their soulmates.
The basic service is free and allows members to send messages, photos and videos to each other, although only females are permitted to send private images. Members can upgrade to the premium service to access additional services.
To cancel by login you will need your username and password
- Log into your PlentyofFish account with your username and password.
- Click on Help at the top of the screen.
- Click “Delete Account” on the help page. This link is located just over midway down the page.
- Be aware, once you delete your account, your profile, friends, and all information will be removed, including any messages you have saved in your inbox.
To cancel by phone, you will need your full name, address, email and date of birth:
- Call 1-877-910-4167
- Request cancellation
If you want to cancel by email, you will need your full name, billing address, date of birth, username, and phone number:
- Email [email protected] requesting account cancellation
- Request email confirmation
- Follow up email will be sent that states they cannot respond to all emails
- Follow up email confirming cancellation will be sent
- If you have supplied your credit card information to access the premium services, be sure to double check with your banking or financial institution and ensure no further charges will come.
Email: [email protected]