Expedia is a popular American travel booking platform. Customers place online reservations for hotels, car rentals, plane tickets, vacation packages, and cruises through its website.
The Washington-state company originally launched as a Microsoft division in 1996. The travel corporation grew quickly. USA Networks Inc. bought Expedia from the software giant in 2001.
Users can join the travel website for free. Members will receive points for every booking. Individuals advance in membership classes (Silver and Gold) for every $5,000 they spend on eligible bookings.
Cancel your Membership has several easy tips that can help you cancel a booking through the site.
What you will need to cancel
- Your name.
- The e-mail address associated with the account.
- The credit card used to make the travel reservation.
- Phone number.
- Reservation number.
- Reservation place.
- Your password.
- Phone number.
- The reservation date.
- The room, car, or package you reserved.
Steps to cancel your Expedia reservation
- Log into your account at https://www.expedia.com.
- Open the itinerary.
- Click on “My Trips.”
- Click on “Manage Booking.”
- Select “Cancel Room.”
- Follow the instructions to cancel your reservation.
- Expedia should issue a refund within seven to 10 business days.
Note on Refunds: If a hotel’s policy is marked as “non-refundable,” users cannot make changes to the original booking. This includes any changes to booking names, travel dates, and room reservations. You will not receive a refund.
Please call the hotel directly to change or cancel reservations, pay later, or receive a partial refund after any cancellation deadline dates have passed.
- Call Expedia at 1-800-380-8791 or 1-866-316-0357 (US), 0203-684-0328 (UK) or 02 700-69-17 (BE).
- Request a cancellation.
- Ask if the customer has been charged for a reservation.
- If yes, ask for a refund.
Note: Although Expedia does not charge fees for cancellations, hotels may do so. Expedia passes along any non-refundable hotel rate plans and fees to its customers. All charges are highest 48 hours of your scheduled travel dates.
You can also use Expedia’s customer service phone numbers to change the length of your stay at any hotel reserved through their company.
Contacting about billing inquiries
If you need to contact Expedia about billing inquiries, please contact their customer service numbers.
- 1-800-380-8791 (United States)
- 0203-684-0328 (United Kingdom)
- 02 700-69-17 (Belgium)
333-108th Ave. NE
Bellevue, Washington 98004