The Basics: How to Cancel Your Cox Communications Account
Cox Communications is a provider of TV, internet, digital telephone, home security and home automation solutions for residential customers headquartered in Sandy Springs, Georgia. They serve approximately 6.2 million customers across the United States.
If you are intending to switch providers or are moving, here are some steps you’ll need to take:
- Gather your latest bill with all account information.
- Call a Cox representative at 1-800-234-3993.
- Explain your reason for discontinuing your service and confirm the necessary steps that need to be taken.
- Ask if there are any outstanding charges left on your account including monthly fees or equipment return fees.
- Ask where the best location is to return your equipment.
- Prior to returning the equipment (cable boxes, modems, remote controls, and cabling) take a picture for your records
- Note all serial numbers on the equipment.
Pro Tip: √ Take a clear picture of your equipment prior to returning it to the service center. Be sure to take a picture of all numbers and words on the equipment for your files in the event that they claim the equipment was not returned. Don’t forget to get a receipt that the equipment has been returned.
Phone 1: 623-251-6861
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Cox.