Before modern social media made connecting easy, Classmates was the go-to website to find classmates and old friends on a basic platform organized by schools. Its database holds information on thousands of schools and colleges across the United States and Canada. It has the largest digital yearbook collection as well as planning tools for class reunions. The website also allows you to communicate with messages (both public as well as private). Classmates+ is a year subscription and although the basic registration is free, if you are in need of canceling your membership here are some options:
- Call 206-301-5700 and press 1 (billing/member care) (The toll-free number is 1-800-779-8689)
- Request to cancel membership and have profile removed (they will ask for your information including your name, email address, high school you attended, DOB and the last four digits of your credit card)
- Go to https://help.classmates.com/hc/en-us/requests/new on their website (submit a request”)
- From the pull-down menu, select “cancel my membership.”
- Fill in the required boxes (email address, subject, and description)
- Be straightforward and concise with your description. Request to be completely removed from Classmates and state that you do not even want to retain a free account. Make sure to request an email notification of your completed cancellation.
Online – Free
- Go to https://secure.classmates.com/auth/removemember, log into your account.
- Review your account information and choose the appropriate reason for removal.
- Click “Remove Registration”.
- Select “Yes” to confirm your decision.
Online – Paid
- At the top of page select Accounts and Billing.
- Under account information, click Turn-off automatic renewal.
- Click Yes to confirm your decision.
- Under Credit Card information, click delete
Online – Extra
This is just to cover your bases. This website has been controversial over the years with its methods and it is best to completely sever your ties, although it is one of the trickier companies to do so. People who thought they signed up for a manual-payment option found out they were billed a year later because of the auto-payment being set up without them knowing and they were not given a refund because they signed an agreement with a lot of fine print. Be careful and be diligent about checking for confirmation of your cancellation before allowing yourself to forget about it.
- At the top right corner of any Classmates page, click the gear icon and select Account-Email Subscriptions. Open each box and unsubscribe from all. Save Changes.
- At the top right corner of any Classmates page, click the gear icon and select Account-Personal Information. Uncheck Show my location box. Save Changes.
- At the top of page Select Privacy. Uncheck all boxes or check Quiet. Save Changes.
Phone: (206)301-5700 or 1(800)779-8689
1501 4th Ave, Ste 400
Seattle, WA 98101