If you’re having trouble cancelling on your own, you can also try this online cancellation service:
The Basics: How to Cancel Your Subscription to ESPN Magazine
For sports fans, ESPN the Magazine lightheartedly covers major sports in the United States including baseball, football, basketball, hockey, and college football and basketball. It takes a more humorous approach to coverage in comparison to their competitor, Sports Illustrated, and is published every two weeks. As with most subscription services, you will be automatically billed for the next year if you haven’t yet canceled your subscription. It’s easiest to do so with a simple call to customer service. Here are the steps:
Gather the following information:
- Current Mailing Address
- ESPN Account Number From Your Magazine Label
- Date you signed up for your subscription and expiration date (if available)
- Call 1-888-549-ESPN (3776) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 1 a.m. EST
- Follow the prompts to connect with a representative.
- Explain your reason for cancellation.
- Ask the representative for a refund of the unused portion of your subscription.
- Ask the representative if there will be any cancellation fees.
- Make a note of the representative’s name and ask for an emailed confirmation of your cancellation.
Pro Tip: √Always check your bank or credit card statements 30-days after the next billing cycle to ensure that your subscription has been canceled.
Phone: 1(888)549-ESPN (3776) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with ESPN Magazine