The Basics: How to Cancel Your Verizon DSL Account
Most of us are familiar with Verizon’s mobile service plans, but they also offer digital subscriber lines (DSL) for those requiring internet service in their home or business. Plans range from $19.99 and up.
As with any contract you enter, it’s important to read the agreement before signing, however, many of us tend to skim over the pages and pages of legalese due to time constraints and unfamiliar language. If you do wish to cancel your Verizon DSL Account, here are a few steps to take:
- Gather your account and billing information and take an inventory of all the equipment associated with your account.
- Take a picture of each piece of equipment, including their serial numbers.
- Cancellation requests must be made by phone.
- Call Verizon at 1-800-Verizon (1-800-837-4966) between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm.
- Follow the prompts on the phone to speak with a representative.
- Note the name of the representative and the time you called.
- Notify the representative of your intention to cancel your account and let them know the date your original contract was signed. Stay strong when presented with high-pressure sales tactics trying to convince you not to cancel.
- Ask the representative if there will be any cancellation fees involved and keep in mind that if you’re canceling prior to the expiration of your contract, a $100 fee may apply.
- Ask if there are any outstanding charges on your account including monthly fees or equipment return fees.
- Ask for the mailing address to return your equipment and promptly return it. Include your account information with the return.
- Ask the representative for a confirmation number for your cancellation.
- Review your bank statement on the next billing cycle to ensure that your service has been canceled.
Pro Tip: √ Take a clear picture of your equipment prior to returning it. Be sure to take a picture of all numbers and words on the equipment for your files in the event that they claim the equipment was not returned. Don’t forget to request a receipt or written confirmation for the equipment has been returned.
Alternate Phone: 800-837-4966
Address: PO Box 11328
Alternate Address: –
City: St Petersburg
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Verizon.