The Basics: How to Cancel Your Membership at Platinum Fitness
With 3 locations in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, Platinum Fitness are affordable gyms with 24/7 access to coaches, fitness trainers, strength training, and free weights. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership you must visit your local Platinum Fitness in person. Here are some other helpful tips:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. This will save time and frustration down the road.
- Read the cancellation policy Platinum Fitness requires a 30-day written notice to cancel.
- Determine what type of contract you have.Is it a monthly contract or a limited term prepaid contract?
- Visit your local gym and ask to meet with the manager. Prepare a written request to cancel your membership beforehand and be sure to include all necessary information including your membership # and billing information.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ Be aware of the time of the month you are cancelling. You will still be billed for the month ahead if you cancel during the prior month.
Contact your local gym
Address 1: 7100 Village Pkwy, Dublin, CA 94568 925-997-2132
Address 2: 3550 Bernal Ave., Pleasanton, CA 94566 925-819-0071
Address 3: 949 Bluebell Drive, Livermore, CA 94551 925-549-8055
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with Platinum Fitness.
PLATINUM FITNESS DUES