The Basics: Cancel Your Membership at New York Sports Club
New York Sports Club is a popular and affordable gym in the New York area. If you do sign a contract with them, note that you will most likely be contractually bound for 12 months. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few steps:
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. This will save time and frustration down the road.
- Read about NYSC cancellation policy here: https://www.newyorksportsclubs.com/club-policies Note that early termination fees will apply.
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Visit your local gym with a copy of the letter to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with the manager or assistant manager.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ Always read the fine print in your gym contract.
Alternate Phone: 215-565-2664
Address: TSI Member Services Department
Alternate Address: 1 Highpoint Drive
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with New York Sports Club.
NEW YORK SPORTS CLUB
NEW YORK SPORTS CLUB DUES