As the name implies, 24-Hour Fitness is a fitness franchise that is open 24 hours a day. It’s the largest privately owned fitness franchise in the world (425 clubs worldwide) and is immensely popular because it’s so convenient and inexpensive compared to other private gyms. Should you find it necessary to cancel your membership, here are a few practical tips to keep in mind.
- Read the Contract!! Always read your contract before signing, and most importantly, the clauses regarding canceling your membership. This will save time and frustration down the road. If you don’t have a copy of your contract, register on the company’s website and you should be able to find a copy of it in Member Services.
- Read the cancellation policy on their website here: https://www.24hourfitness.com/membership/cancel/ 24-Hour Fitness has two separate cancellation policies: one for cancellations that occur three to five days after your membership starts, and one after that period.
- Determine what type of contract you have.Is it a monthly contract or a limited term prepaid contract? Usually, a limited term prepaid contract can easily be canceled, yet there will not be a refund. A monthly contract can be terminated with a written notice that is specific to your membership (reference your membership # in all correspondence).
- Provide Notification in Writing (reference your membership #) that you will be terminating the contract.
- Call 24 Hour Fitness at 1-866-308-8179, or better yet, visit your local gym with a copy of the email to make sure it doesn’t slip through the cracks. Ask to sit down with one of the staff members.
- Obtain signed confirmation that your gym membership will be canceled.
- Follow up: Just to be on the safe side, be sure to double check a couple of days after cancellation so you don’t have any surprise recurring charges because someone “forgot” to handle it. There’s no need for another in-person visit. A simple call should do the trick.
Pro Tip: √ Documentation! Documentation! Documentation! And always read the contract!
Alternate Phone: 866-308-8179
Address: Attention: Processing Dept
Alternate Address: P.O. Box 787
A billing descriptor is the description of transactions that appear on your credit card statement. They are meant to help you positively identify your card transactions by including information about the date of each payment and the company from which it was purchased. These descriptors are associated with 24-Hour Fitness.
24 HOUR FITNESS
24 HR FITNESS DUES
FIT 24 HOUR FITNESS
24 HOUR FITNESS
24 HOUR FITNESS CARLSBAD CA
24 HOUR FITNESS DUES TAP
24 HOUR FITNESS HOUSTON TX
24 HOUR FITNESS SAN FRANCISCO CA
24 HOUR FITNESS USA 800-432-6348 CA
24HOUR FITNESS MSO
24HOUR FITNESS MSO 888-900-3194 CA
24HOUR FITNESS USA
24HOUR FITNESS USA,IN 800-432-6348 CA
24HOUR FITNESS USA,INC
24HOUR FITNESS USA,INC 800-432-6348 CA
24HOURFITANNUALFEE 888-900-3194 CA
: 24HOUR FITNESS USA,INC 800-432-6348 CA
Debit Purchase – Visa 24hour Fitness U800-432-6348ca